Institutional Policy for Human Subject Research at Concordia University Wisconsin
The purpose of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW) is to provide independent review and continued monitoring of research activities involving the use of human subjects. Accordingly, the IRB has been charged with ensuring the following:
- risks to subjects are minimized;
- risks to subjects are reasonable in relation to anticipated benefits; selection of subjects is equitable;
- informed consent is sought from each prospective participant or legally authorized representative, and properly documented;
- adequate preparation is taken to protect the privacy and confidentiality of subjects;
- adequate provisions are made for the ongoing monitoring of the subject's welfare.