If you’re interested in healthcare and enjoy working with people, Concordia’s CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant program is a great place to start! The Medical Assistant profession is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country and Certified Medical Assistants are in high demand.
Why Choose CUW for Your Medical Assistant Training?
- 40 years of tradition
- Christian values and ethics
- 46 credits and a 5 week practicum
- Graduates are eligible for the AAMA exam
- Time to complete:
- 13 months full time
- 26 months part time
The Medical Assistant program is designed to help you develop the professional competencies and commitment you need to be a responsible participant and leader in the healthcare field.
What You’ll Learn in the Medical Assistant Program
Our program will teach you how to:
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Perform rescue breathing, CPR, use a defibrillator, and care for choking victims
- Establish, document, and maintain medical records
- Perform your duties within legal and ethical boundaries
- Use computer software for scheduling and maintaining records
- Administer medication and assist with minor office surgery
- Handle basic medical office functions including coding, insurance, and practice finances
- Sterilize and sanitize equipment
- Obtain and record vital signs
- Prepare patients for examinations
- And much more...
Blended and Face-to-Face Format
The CUW Medical Assistant program is a certificate program and has a face-to-face and blended track. Both programs take place at our Miller Park Way and Beloit Center and can be completed in 13 months full-time, or 26 months part-time.
- Blended Track: begins in July
- The majority of the content will be online and the class will meet one day a week for 4-6 hours face to face to perform practical skills and take exams.
- This format will allow students to work and care for family and course work based on their schedule. Instructors will be available online and at the center for any assistance the student may need.
- Face-to-FaceTrack: begins in January.
The curriculum for CUW’s Medical Assistant program uses the core curriculum for Medical Assistants set forth by the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) of the American Association of Medical Assistants in conjunction with the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Coursework covers three primary skill areas: clinical procedures, laboratory procedures, and administrative procedures. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Assistant program, you’ll be awarded the equivalent of 46 semester hours of college credit.
Any student requesting admission to the Medical Assistant program must:
- Be a high school graduate or have earned a G.E.D.
- Complete a personal interview
- Take and pass a general aptitude test
- Complete and pass a physical exam.
The Concordia University Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org
) upon the recommendation of Medical Assistant Education Review Board.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756