If you love to question the world around you and enjoy using critical-thinking skills to solve big issues and everyday problems, a Philosophy major or minor could be the right field of study for you. Society needs people who can communicate clearly, evaluate and construct arguments for or against a viewpoint, and question the way things have always been done.
Why Study Philosophy at CUW?
In an unpredictable world, where you can expect to change careers several times during your life, the most useful education emphasizes the tools of life-long learning. CUW’s Philosophy program trains you in practical skills such as:
- Active listening
- Clear and critical thinking
- Reasoned debate
- Persuasive communication
- Creative, rational problem-solving
Philosophy helps you explore basic questions such as:
- The nature of existence (metaphysics)
- The correct method of argumentation (logic)
- The sources of belief and their reliability (epistemology)
- The standards of moral conduct (ethics)
- Years to complete: 4