Staging (where you need to be)
- Grad Students: Assemble in the auditorium (located in Barth Hall): Friday, May 12th @ 5:00pm
- Undergrad Students: Assemble in the auditorium (located in Barth Hall): Saturday, May 13th @12:30pm
- Bring your regalia (cap & gown), ready to wear
- Marshals will direct you to the registration tables on arrival
- You may leave personal items in the auditorium if you wish, it will be locked
Rules & Regulations
- No air horns or other loud noisemakers.
- No one may take pictures from the center aisle, but rather come to the left or right side of stage, behind the roped area.
- No profanities, obscenities, or political statements are allowed on graduation caps!
Any marshal can determine whether or not a cap modification is appropriate. If a student refuses to remove an inappropriate cap modification, they will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Please remember that you are sharing this day with many other individuals. Any decoration should be minimal so that attention is not drawn away from the ceremony.
Tickets are required for guests. Each graduate can request up to a total of 6 tickets, which are free. The graduate does not need a ticket for him/herself. Children who occupy a seat will need a ticket. Students participating in both the graduate and undergraduate ceremonies will need tickets for their guests for each individual ceremony. Individuals without tickets will not be admitted to commencement.
Where do I get my tickets?
Tickets will not be distributed until Countdown to Commencement on March 29th. Graduates can pick up their tickets at Countdown to Commencement on March 29th in the Lakeshore Room (Mequon campus).
What if I’m not on campus?
After March 29th, Students may pick up their tickets from the Registrar’s Office (LU 109) on the Mequon campus or request tickets be mailed to them. If you would like your tickets mailed to you, please email email@example.com (you must include: name, student ID and address).
What if I need more than 6 tickets?
Currently, there is not a pool of extra tickets available. Requests for extra tickets will not be considered at this time. Should a pool of extra tickets become available, students will be notified via their CUW email. Updates will also be posted on this site.
Guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is limited so guests should arrive early for a good seat! The Field House opens at 5pm on Friday for graduate commencement and at 12pm on Saturday for undergraduate commencement.
Please Note: A cry room will be available in the Friends of Concordia Room in the northwest corner of the Field House complex.
You will only receive the diploma cover; your actual diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Grad Flowers will be selling flowers in the Field House lobby prior to the start of the ceremony. You may give the flowers to your graduate AFTER the ceremony.
Empire Photography will be taking photos of each graduate immediately after receiving their diploma cover. Student should receive samples via email within 7 days of the ceremony. You may contact Empire Photography (608-257-2941) for more information.
DVD of Graduation
You may order the $10 Commencement DVD, 2-3 weeks after graduation, by either:
- Stopping by the CUW Audio Visual Department (LU008)
- Printing and mailing in the Graduation DVD Request Form
If you have any questions about the DVD, please call AV at 262-243-4370.
Directions, Hotels & Restaurants
Campus Map & Directions
Hotels & Restaurants
Need Help?Graduation Requirement Question - Email
Baccalaureate or Commencement Question - Email