Staging (where you need to be)
- Assemble in the auditorium (located in Barth Hall): Saturday, December 17th @ 12:30pm
- Bring your regalia (cap & gown), ready to wear
- Marshals will direct you to the registration tables on arrival
- You may leave personal items in the auditorium if you wish, it will be locked
Rules & Regulations
- No air horns or other loud noisemakers.
- No one may take pictures from the center aisle, but rather come to the left or right side of stage, behind the roped area.
- No profanities, obscenities, or political statements are allowed on graduation caps!
Any marshal can determine whether or not a cap modification is appropriate. If a student refuses to remove an inappropriate cap modification, they will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
Please remember that you are sharing this day with many other individuals. Any decoration should be minimal so that attention is not drawn away from the ceremony.
Tickets are required for guests. Each graduate can request up to a total of 6 tickets, which are free. The graduate does not need a ticket for him/herself. Children who occupy a seat will need a ticket. Tickets will not be distributed until Countdown to Commencement on October 26th. Graduates can pick up their tickets at Countdown to Commencement on October 26th in the Lakeshore Room (Mequon campus). Afterwards, students may pick up their tickets from the Registrar’s Office (LU 109) on the Mequon campus. We can also mail tickets to graduates; please email email@example.com (you must include: name, student ID and address). Individuals without tickets will not be admitted to commencement.
Guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is limited so guests should arrive early for a good seat! The Field House opens at 12pm on Saturday for commencement.
Please Note: A cry room will be available in the Friends of Concordia Room in the northwest corner of the Field House complex.
You will only receive the diploma cover; your actual diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
Grad Flowers will be selling flowers in the Field House lobby prior to the start of the ceremony. You may give the flowers to your graduate AFTER the ceremony.
Empire Photography will be taking photos of each graduate immediately after receiving their diploma cover. Student should receive samples via email within 7 days of the ceremony. You may contact Empire Photography (608-257-2941) for more information.
DVD of Graduation
You may order the $10 Commencement DVD, 2-3 weeks after graduation, by either:
- Stopping by the CUW Audio Visual Department (LU008)
- Printing and mailing in the Graduation DVD Request Form
If you have any questions about the DVD, please call AV at 262-243-4370.
Directions, Hotels & Restaurants
Campus Map & Directions
Hotels & Restaurants
Need Help?Graduation Requirement Question - Email
Baccalaureate or Commencement Question - Email