2015 AACP Award of Excellence in Assessment Winner!
AACP’s Award for Excellence in Assessment recognizes outstanding Doctor of Pharmacy assessment programs for their progress in developing and applying evidence of outcomes as part of the ongoing evaluation and improvement of pharmacy professional education.
AACP has selected the Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy’s portfolio as a winner of the 2015 Award for Excellence in Assessment.
Clinical Instructor Excellence Awards
To be eligible, a clinical instructor must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional experiential education for CUW—SOP students. Some items or qualities that students may consider in their nomination could include (this isn’t an exhaustive list):
- A willingness to mentor and serve as a role model
- Providing timely and meaningful coaching and/or feedback
- Sharing knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrating passion toward the profession and enthusiasm for the advancement of pharmacy practice
- Exhibiting the highest level of dignity and professionalism
- Facilitating teamwork and an inter-professional approach to patient care
- Providing opportunities for innovative learning experiences and growth as a professional
- Serve as a clinical instructor for a minimum of one CUW—SOP student in the category for which they’re nominated (IPPE and/or APPE) during the academic year.
- Be nominated by a CUW—SOP student.
- Must not hold an assistant/associate/full professor title at CUW—SOP.
- Hasn’t received a Clinical Instructor of the Year award in the same category from CUW—SOP in the past five years.
Nominations will be accepted from students from January 1–March 30 of each year. To nominate a clinical instructor, please take a moment to fill out our Clinical Instructor Nomination Form.
All nominations will be reviewed by the Office of Experiential Education, and recipient(s) will be selected based on the specific qualities and examples described in the students’ nomination forms. Past evaluation scores and comments submitted by students will also be considered in the selection process.
Award recipients will be notified by April 15.
Recipients of the Clinical Instructor of the Year Award(s) will be recognized at the annual CUW—SOP Graduation Banquet in May. They’ll also receive a recognition certificate, and their registration fee for the next offering of the ASHP National Pharmacy Preceptors Conference will be paid by CUW—SOP.
Award recipients will have their picture and a short biography posted on the CUW—SOP website.
Congratulations to our Clinical Instructor Excellence Awards recipients:
Travis Dash, Pharm.D.
Tammy Knaus, Pharm.D.
Ryan Szaniawski, Pharm.D.
Community Memorial Hospital
Erin Turk, Pharm.D.
Joe Sterzinger, Pharm.D., BCPS
Aurora Medical Center—Summit
Kimberly Giovannetti, Pharm.D.
Pick 'n Save Pharmacy
Anne Daniels, Pharm.D., BCPS, AAHIVP
Edward Merle Johnson II, Pharm.D., Ph.D., R.Ph.
Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin
Meaghan McMurray, Pharm.D.