Clinical Instructor Excellence Awards
Clinical Instructors are invaluable resources to CUW SOP and our students. To recognize these efforts, CUW SOP will recognize Clinical Instructors each year for their work with IPPE and/or APPE students. To be eligible, Clinical Instructors must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional experiential education for CUW SOP students. Some items or qualities that students may consider in their nomination could include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- a. A willingness to mentor and serve as role model
- b. Providing timely and meaningful coaching and/or feedback
- c. Sharing knowledge and expertise
- d. Demonstrating passion towards the profession and enthusiasm for the advancement of pharmacy practice
- e. Exhibiting the highest level of dignity and professionalism
- f. Facilitating teamwork and an interprofessional approach to patient care
- g. Providing opportunities for innovative learning experiences and growth as a professional
- Serve as a Clinical Instructor for a minimum of one CUW SOP student in the category for which they are nominated (IPPE and/or APPE) during the academic year.
- Be nominated by a CUW SOP student.
- Must not hold an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor title at CUW SOP.
- Have not received a Clinical Instructor of the Year award in the same category from CUW SOP in the past five years.
Nominations will be accepted from students from January 1 through March 30 of each year. All nominations will be reviewed by the Office of Experiential Education and recipient(s) will be selected based on the specific qualities and examples described in the students’ nomination forms. Past evaluation scores and comments submitted by students will also be considered in the selection process. Award recipients will be notified by April 15th.
Recipients of the Clinical Instructor of the Year Award(s) will be recognized at the annual CUW SOP Graduation Banquet in May. They will also receive a recognition certificate and their registration fee for the next offering of the ASHP National Pharmacy Preceptors Conference will be paid by CUW SOP. Award recipients will have their picture and a short biography posted on the CUW SOP website.
To nominate a Clinical Instructor please take a moment to fill out our Clinical Instructor Nomination Form.
Congratulations to our Clinical Instructor Excellence Awards recipients:
Travis Dash, PharmD
Tammy Knaus, PharmD
Ryan Szaniawski, PharmD
Community Memorial Hospital
Erin Turk, PharmD
Joe Sterzinger, PharmD, BCPS
Aurora Medical Center – Summit
Kimberly Giovannetti, PharmD
Pick 'N Save Pharmacy
Anne Daniels, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP
Edward Merle Johnson II, PharmD, PhD, RPh
Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin
Meaghan McMurray, PharmD