Interested in becoming a preceptor for the Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy experiential learning program? Please read the following requirements and follow the link to apply below.
NOTE: To become a CUW—SOP preceptor, your site must have a current affiliation agreement with CUW. If you’re unsure if your site does, check with your manager or contact Melissa Theesfeld, director of experiential education.
CUWSOP Preceptor (Clinical Instructor) Requirements
- Be a licensed pharmacist for at least one year. (PGY1 residents may serve as primary preceptors for IPPE students.)
- Have a pharmacist license in good standing with the state Board of Pharmacy.
- Participate and remain up to date in the CUW clinical instructor orientation and training program.
- Understand and comply with these CUW—SOP clinical instructor expectations:
- Orient the student to the practice site (i.e., schedule, daily responsibilities, parking, etc.)
- Be familiar with the objectives for the experiential course(s) they’re precepting
- In collaboration with the student and the practice site demands, establish a plan for the experience that assures that the student is able to complete the required activities and course objectives
- Monitor student progress in accomplishing activities and objectives
- Regularly assess the student and provide constructive feedback
- Complete and discuss all evaluations with the student in a timely fashion
- Serve as a resource and mentor for students
- Immediately notify the Office of Experiential Education of any student experiencing difficulties
- Maintain student confidentiality
- Display enthusiasm for teaching and working with students
- Understand the CUW School of Pharmacy mission and vision
- Complete the applicable online training module on the Current and Prospective Preceptors page prior to the arrival of a CUW—SOP student at your site.
For additional information on CUW School of Pharmacy experiential education, see our CUW-SOP Handbook.
Once you complete the application, you’ll be in our database. We’ll contact you when we’re looking for rotation availability or have possible student placements for your site.