We are honored that you have applied to Concordia University Wisconsin for the Fall of 2017! Because you have shown an interest in music, either as a program of study or as a co-curricular pursuit, you may apply to audition for a Music Scholarship.
CUW’s Music Scholarship Audition Days
- Saturday, February 4th, 2017
- Saturday, February 11th, 2017
Your audition(s) will be used for consideration toward the various music scholarships available from CUW, as well as placement into our vocal choirs, handbell choirs, and instrumental ensembles. A major or minor in music is not required for a Music Scholarship. All award recipients must participate in a Music Ensemble and take private lessons on the awarded instrument while enrolled at CUW. If you are NOT interested in a Music Scholarship but would like to participate in one of our music ensembles, you may audition in the fall.
In addition, CUW has designated a scholarship for alumni of Lutheran Summer Music. You must have been a participant at LSM prior to auditioning at CUW. Please indicate on the application if you have participated at LSM.
Please review the complete Music Scholarship Requirements here.
To apply for a Music Scholarship Audition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Read and understood Music Scholarship Requirements
- CUW acceptance for Fall 2017; Admission no later than January 6th, 2017
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative high school or college grade point average
- Interest in participating in music ensembles for the duration of your scholarship (up to 4 years)
- Choose no more than two (2) performing mediums for audition (instrumental, vocal, handbells, or piano or organ)
- Submit an online Music Scholarship Application
- Submit via email your Musical Background Information outlined in the Music Scholarship Audition Requirements
- Submit two current Letters of Recommendation (via mail or email)
After review of your Music Scholarship Application, approval will be made by the Music Department to come for an audition on February 4th or 11th, 2017. Please indicate your choice of dates on the application.
Music Scholarship Application
The Music Scholarship Application with all requested materials is due to Johanna Anderson, Chair of the Scholarship Committee, by Friday, January 6th, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
CUW’s Music Scholarship awards are not official until a Music Department Award contract is signed by the recipient and received by the Music Office by the award deadline. Until receipt of your contract, any Music Scholarship Award listed on your financial aid letter may be subject to change. All music scholarships are subject to an annual review by the Music Department.
Music Major or Minor
If you are a prospective Music Major or Minor, you will also need to take a brief keyboard proficiency test on the day of your audition (between 11 am & 1 pm.) These will not be scheduled – please come to Barth 103 when you have a few free minutes to complete the short performance test. Even if you do not have prior keyboard experience, please plan on coming to this proficiency test anyway. This test does not require any prior preparation.
Again, we are honored that you are considering Concordia University Wisconsin. We look forward to welcoming you as a candidate for Music Scholarships!
Mrs. Johanna Anderson
Music Scholarship Program
Concordia University Wisconsin
12800 N Lake Shore Drive
Mequon, WI 53097