We are honored that you have applied to Concordia University Wisconsin for the Fall of 2017. Students must have an interest in an individualized Theatre major or a Theatre minor program of study, to apply for a Theatre Scholarship.
CUW’s Theatre Scholarship Auditions and Technical Theatre Interviews are on Saturday February 11th & Saturday, April 1st 2017. Your audition and/or technical interview will be used for consideration toward the various Theatre scholarships available from CUW as well as placement into our productions. A major or minor in Theatre is required for a Theatre Scholarship. All award recipients must participate in Concordia Players’ productions and take Theatre courses while enrolled at CUW. If you are NOT interested in a Theatre Scholarship but would like to participate in one of our productions, you may audition/interview in the fall.
To apply for a Theatre Scholarship Audition or Technical Theatre Interview, you must meet the following criteria:
- CUW acceptance for Fall 2017; Admission no later than February 3rd, 2017
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average
- Interest in participating in Theatre productions for the duration of your scholarship (up to 4 years)
- For performance students, choose (2) contrasting monologues up to 2.5 minutes each, one comedic and one dramatic. If you are a musical theatre performer, please prepare a song as well, up to 16 bars. As an accompanist will be provided, please send a copy of the sheet music, marked with the specific section of the song from which you will be performing
- For technical students, please provide a physical portfolio or resume to be reviewed at the interview
- Submit a Theatre Scholarship Application for your audition and/or technical interview:
- Submit two current letters of recommendation
- After review of your Theatre Scholarship Application, approval will be made by the Theatre program to come for an audition and/or technical interview on February 11th or April 1st 2017. Indicate your choice of dates on the application
The Theatre Scholarship Application with all requested materials is due to Professor Lori Woodall-Schaufler by Friday, February 3rd 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Overnight housing on the Friday before the audition is available by calling our Admission Office at (888) 628-9472.
Again, we are honored that you are considering Concordia University Wisconsin. We look forward to welcoming you as a candidate for Theatre Scholarships.
If you have additional questions, contact:
Professor Lori Woodall-Schaufler
Concordia University Theatre