Campus Safety: ext. 4344 from an on-campus phone or 262-243-4344 from off-campus
Emergency: 9-911 (if calling on campus)
If you see a crime in progress or see that one has occurred:
- Immediately call Campus Safety at ext. 4344
- In an emergency call the Mequon Police Department at 9-911 (on campus)
What to do Once You’re Safe
Try to remember as much information as possible.
Here is a helpful list of information authorities may need in an investigation.
Description of a Person:
- What color hair did they have?
- How tall where they?
- Did they have a beard or mustache?
- Did you notice any other facial features?
- What was the person last seen wearing?
- Did the person have any distinguishing features like a tattoo or a birthmark?
Description of an Object:
- Note basics like size, color and shape.
- Note identifying features such as a full or partial license plate number, an odor, etc.
Description of an Incident:
- Stay as objective as possible.
- Try and answer as many of the following as you can: Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.
- Keep events in chronological order as much as possible.
- State where you were standing or sitting at the time of the incident
Information provided in partnership with PaperClip Communications “Staying Safe on Campus".