The Office of Sponsored Programs supports faculty and staff members in their pursuit of funding opportunities and management of grant awards and contracts. We provide the following pre and post award services:
Pre Award Services:
- Locate funding opportunities.
- Provide grant proposal editing, budget creation.
- Work with PI on new proposal submissions including editing and budgeting.
- Serve as liaison between the funding agency and the applicant.
- Submit documents via Grants.gov or other web-based portals.
Post Award Services:
- Provide orientation for new project director/principal investigator (PI).
- Serve as liaison between the business office and funding agency.
- Work with PI to prepare continuation funding documents and close-out reports.
- Work with Business Office and the PI in setting up:
- Subrecipient Agreements
- Verify that subrecipient partners are not on the Excluded Parties List (EPL).
- Maintain the official grant file with copies of all correspondence and reports.
- In coordination with the PI and Business Office, provide oversight as needed to ensure successful implementation of the project.
- Meet with PI as needed to:
- Troubleshoot Problems
- Review Regulations
- Answer Questions
- Obtain signatures on legal documents.
- In coordination with the PI, assist with budget revisions and requests for modifying the terms of the award.
- Work with PI on grant renewals or new proposal submissions.
- Work with PI to complete close-out activities and reports at the end of the grant period.