The semester is moving along, though it may feel like a crawl to some of you and a sprint to others. Today we will highlight a change to our COVID masking policies and also celebrate some highlights we have had this semester.
Effective Saturday, February 12, masks will only be required in classrooms and labs. In all other campus spaces, including the Chapel, the library, and the field house, masks are strongly recommended, but not required. One exception is this weekend’s performance of The Little Mermaid in the Todd Wehr Auditorium. Masks are still required by all attendees.
Our Thursday emails have and will continue to focus on COVID and how the University strives to keep us all in person in our classes and co-curriculars. Sometimes it is hard to look past the challenges of our COVID policies. That being said, many exciting things are occurring this semester as we continue to become back to normal more each day. Some of these highlights include:
- SGA will host an in-person conversation with Political strategist Karl Rove in March.
- 30 Sophomore nursing students were recently dedicated at an in-person chapel service.
- 951 CUW students named to fall 2021 Honors List.
- Jordan Johnson, a member of our men’s basketball team scored his 2,000-career point.
- The Women’s hockey team beat Adrian College, which had not lost a conference game since 2020.
The semester is starting off very positive. As we continue, please be reminded of our simple COVID policies:
- As of Saturday, wear a mask when in class and labs.
- Complete the Daily Symptom Tracker,
Blessing to all of you as we conclude this week.
Dr. Steve Taylor,
Vice President of Student Life