CUW’s Certificate After Graduate Education program allows individuals who already have a master’s degree in nursing to add a clinical emphasis.
The program offers three options:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Educator
Credit hours required: 29-30
- CAGE programs are individualized for each student
- Transcript reviews avoid duplication of coursework
- Part-time and full-time options are available
- Advanced Health Assessment course provides opportunities to learn from experts
- Clinical faculty members bring current practice to the classroom and clinical setting
- Courses are built on a Christian foundation
Coursework is offered totally online except for the Advanced Health Assessment course for NPs which is held on campus the first two weeks in January, and the last 2 weeks of June. This course is required prior to beginning clinical courses taken by NPs. Nurse Educator Certificate is totally online.
- A MSN degree from an accredited nursing school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Science GPA is evaluated from both BSN and MSN degree transcripts as part of the admission process
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the USA
- Actively working in practice (preference is given to nurses with two years of nursing experience)
- Current CPR certification
- Commitment to practice in an advanced primary care nursing role or serve as a nurse educator
The Certificate After Graduate Education in Nursing Program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
We are not accepting new students from Alabama, California, Kentucky, North Carolina, New York, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
Degree Details & Curriculum
- Nurse Educator, credit hours required: 15
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP), credit hours required 35
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), credit hours required 35
Dr. Diane Ames, DNP, APRN, FNP
Co-Director MSN NP
Dr. Candi Humphreys, DNP, APRN, FNP
Co-Director MSN NP
Dr. Wendy Crary, PhD, RN, CNE
Coordinator MSN NE