Helping young children learn and grow is a special calling. Our graduate program in Early Childhood Education makes that calling a reality.
Our MS in Early Childhood program is one of only three complete early education graduate programs in Wisconsin. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Immediately apply new concepts in your own classroom
- Earn your degree in the evenings, on Saturdays, or in concentrated summer blocks
- Complete certain classes online
- Learn from doctoral faculty
- Create a program that fits your needs and interests
- Fulfill requirements for PK-3rd grade licensure in Wisconsin
Credit hours required: 30
CUW’s MS in Early Childhood Education program strengthens your understanding of child growth and development and helps you design programs that support the diverse needs of young children and their families.
Our students include teachers and professionals working at profit and non-profit programs, Head Start programs, family childcare centers, after-school programs, and public and private kindergarten programs.
When you graduate you’ll be prepared to:
- Create an age-appropriate curriculum
- Direct early childhood programs
- Introduce language arts, basic math and social skills to preschoolers
- Support children’s intellectual, emotional and social development
- Use storytelling, creative drama, music and dance to stimulate learning
- Encourage children to successfully interact with others
- Apply language development and early literacy theory in the classroom
The Early Childhood program offers courses required for PK – 3rd grade licensure in Wisconsin. Some students may need to complete additional coursework from the undergraduate major. See our course catalog for details.
Grants are available to teachers in Christian schools (Lutheran, Catholic, or other). Please contact our Financial Aid office and they would be happy to provide you with more information.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
Our Early Childhood program includes coursework in language development and early literacy, the theory and practice of play, storytelling and creative drama, and faith development in young children. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.
Early Childhood Department Chair
Graduate Early Childhood Director
Please contact our graduate admissions staff for more information.