The CUW Master of Science in Education - Family Life program teaches you how to help parents, teachers and students face the challenges confronting today’s families.
It’s satisfying to know that the skills you’ll learn at CUW will positively impact a child’s well-being.
The CUW MS in Family Life program gives you a chance to:
- 8 week collaborative courses
- Create positive parent-student-educator relationships
- Craft a program that meets your individual interests
- Prepare for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) certification
- Satisfy steps needed to renew your Wisconsin teaching license
- Learn from experienced, doctoral-prepared faculty
Credit hours required: 33
The CUW MS in Education - Family Life program focuses on how the family relates to school and society. With a strong emphasis in counseling skills, our Family Life program is a great opportunity to bring Christian compassion and understanding to the challenges faced by modern families.
In our Family Life program you will:
- Learn how to nurture children by building self-esteem
- Help create healthy environments where families can grow and thrive
- Study the major issues facing families and educators
- Learn positive steps educators and parents can take to counteract societal trends
- Study how cultural background and biases affect relationships
- Learn individual and group counseling techniques
Courses in the program are aligned with the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) certification.
Grants are available to teachers in Christian schools (Lutheran, Catholic, or other). Please follow up with our Financial Aid office and they would be happy to provide you with more information.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 for full acceptance
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accreditation institution.
The curriculum for our MS in Education – Family Life covers a wide range of topics from counseling and family theory to family and human development. See our course catalog for details.
Dr. Val Keiper
Please contact our graduate admissions staff for more information.