- Cohorts begin once each year. Check with the specific campus you want to attend to confirm start dates. Cohorts run given an adequate number of qualified accepted applicants. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- Classes meet once a week for four hours in the evenings (example: 4:30-8:30 p.m.) and on five Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The 22-month program also includes a semester of full-time student teaching
Approved Minors (optional):
- 60 Total Credits: 51 credits (licensure program) + 9 credits (electives)Praxis Tests: Students must pass the Praxis I exam prior to admission and the Praxis II exam prior to student teaching.
- Clinical Hours: Seventy clinical hours are aligned and completed concurrently with program coursework prior to student teaching. Observation reflections are due at the end of each class.
- Practicum: Students will complete a supervised Practicum prior to student teaching
- Reading Exam: DPI is requiring all GTCP-E and GTCP-EC students take and pass the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Exam. Information abou the exam and registration information can be found here: http://www.wi.nesinc.com. A Passing score of 240 must be obtained for licensure and official scores must be sent to Concordia University Wisconsin.
- Successfully complete edTPA during the student teaching semester
Please note: changes are occasionally made to the requirements; the information described within this website is subject to change without notice.
- A bachelor's degree with core requirements satisfied
- A bachelor's degree that satisfies CUW requirements for one of the certifiable majors (GTCP-S)
- Official Praxis I score report with passing scores for Wisconsin
- An overall GPA of 2.75 with a GPA of 2.75 in any major or minor area in which you’ll request certification
- Ability to complete 70 hours of clinical observation (concurrent with coursework) prior to student teaching, including a supervised, pre-student teaching practicum
- Ability to student teach full-time during the final semester of the program
- Successful completion of a Department of Justice background check
- Praxis Tests: students must pass the Praxis I exam prior to admission and the Praxis II exam prior to student teaching
The Graduate Teacher Certification curriculum includes general coursework in educational foundations and teaching and learning theory. In addition, you will be exposed to teaching methodology and Best Teaching Practices in your licensure area. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.