Concordia University Wisconsin School of Pharmacy (CUWSOP) is located in the suburb of Mequon, Wisconsin, on approximately 200 acres of magnificent Lake Michigan shoreline. It is approximately 15 miles north of downtown Milwaukee. Our location lends itself to tremendous synergy with hospitals, clinics and pharmacies in Southeastern Wisconsin, as well as the remainder of the state – partnering to bring our students high quality clinical experiences.
Concordia’s commitment to health care education can be seen through its nationally recognized programs in nursing, physical therapy and occupational therapy. The pharmacy school is an excellent complement to the existing programs and encourages interdisciplinary approaches to health care education.
Our focus is to prepare pharmacy practitioners dedicated to advancing patient-centered pharmaceutical care through medication therapy management in Wisconsin and throughout the country, by working closely with patients and all other healthcare providers to address the physical, mental and spiritual needs of each patient. The School will take full advantage of its metropolitan location to enter into alliances and strategic partnerships with local, regional and national healthcare entities.
What you can expect:
- Personalized instruction from professors and small class sizes
- Student to teacher ratio of about 10:1
- Actual practice experiences in the pharmacy during your first year
- Well-planned, high quality rotations using training that is outcomes-focused
- Student representation on committees
- State of the art new pharmacy building
- Interdisciplinary educational opportunities
- Interactive case-based educational methods
- Caring faculty with extensive pharmaceutical/educational backgrounds
- Ethics-infused curriculum
- Clinically relevant technology as integral part of curriculum
- Community service to foster an appreciation for others and their needs
- Faith-based environment dedicated to your spiritual, mental and physical well-being
- Multiple student organizations to join for networking and social opportunities
- Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaboration for Pharmacy Students