Your path to the ministry is an exciting and heartfelt one. Our goal is to give you all the skills, knowledge, and support we can along the way.
What You’ll Learn in the Pre-seminary Program
In our program you will study:
- The elements of traditional and contemporary Lutheran worship
- The art and craft of developing and leading a worship service
- The background and teachings of the Lutheran Church as confessed in the Book of Concord
- How to use research, strategy, audience analysis, and technology to make professional presentations
- Art forms that can be incorporated into worship
- The Lutheran ethos, identity and ethic
- Biblical languages
Career Choices in Pre-seminary Studies
Pre-seminary Studies opens up the door to a number of Christ-centered careers. While some may require further study, here are some paths you can take:
- Youth minister
- Church camp director
- Theology professor
- Campus minister
- Religious writer
- Theological Languages
As a Pre-seminary student at CUW, we strongly encourage you to include two majors in your studies: Theological Languages and Pre-seminary Studies. We designed these majors to prepare you for the seminary competency examinations in the Old Testament, New Testament, Christian Doctrine, Greek, and Hebrew.
In special cases, students in the Pre-seminary program may choose other majors and minors, but must always include at least a minor in Theological Languages
After earning a baccalaureate degree, you’ll continue your journey to the ministry at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis or Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne.
CUW’s Pre-Seminary curriculum includes broad liberal arts studies and electives in youth ministry, psychology, philosophy, and creative writing.
High School Prep Courses
- Social sciences
- Latin or German
Year Internship is Completed
- Senior year (optional)
- Several mission trips are available each year
- Study abroad programs are available through the Executive Director of International Education