Be a leader and make a difference in today’s high schools, colleges and universities.
Concordia’s MS in Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education prepares graduate students in mind, body, and spirit through a program grounded in student affairs theory and practice applied from a Christian perspective.
In our SPA program you’ll benefit from:
- Practical experience you can immediately use in the workplace
- Classes taught by practicing student affairs professionals
- Internships that transform theory into practice
- Evening and summer classes designed for working professionals
- Possible graduate assistantships in CUW departments
- Coursework based on Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education
- Networking while you learn
Credit hours required:
- With thesis completion seminar: 34
- With seminar project: 40
CUW’s MS in Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education prepares school administrators to bring a faith-based approach to their positions as assistant deans and deans in admission, resident life, student activities, academic advising, diversity and campus ministry.
In our SPA program you will:
- Learn from your peers
- Study the basics of student affairs administration
- Strengthen servant-leadership skills
- Learn how generational, social, racial, ethnic, and religious diversity impacts the campus environment
- Understand the legal issues that arise between public and private institutions and their governing boards, administrators, faculty, student affairs staff, and governmental bodies
- Explore higher education law, the role of law on campus, and the relationship between the law and the work in student affairs and athletics
Our program offers two tracks:
- Athletic administration
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
The program curriculum includes coursework in program planning, higher education administration and issues, managing athletic programs, and the foundations of student personnel administration. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.
Dr. Andy Luptak
Please contact our graduate admissions staff for more information.