What Spanish course should I start with?
CUW does not currently use a placement test, so please use the following guide to decide which course should be your first Spanish course:
Years of high school Spanish: Enroll in:
- 0 years - SPAN 101
- 1 year - SPAN 102
- 2 years - SPAN 201 (or 102 if it’s been a while)
- 3 years - SPAN 202 (or 201 if it’s been a while)
- 4 years - SPAN 301 (or 202 if it’s been a while)
- 5 years or AP Spanish - SPAN 301
If you are unsure which course to take, please contact Professor Ramsey at Jacqueline.email@example.com
What if the semester started and I think I’m in the wrong class?
- Talk to your professor right away. They can tell if you should switch or if you’re just a little rusty.
- If you do need extra help --regardless of the level--please:
- Go to the Learning Resource Center and arrange for free tutoring
- Discuss your concerns with your professor
- Take advantage of resources on this website and links