We can assist you in identifying and contacting guest speakers for class presentations on various professional development subjects or industry topics.
Going out of town for a conference? Don’t cancel class! Our Career Services Associates can create a 15 to 90 minute presentation on a variety of career-related topics. These include, but are not limited to:
- Resume Help
- Acing the Interview
- Business Etiquette
- How to Dress for Success
- Dining Etiquette
- Job Search Strategies
- Life after CUW
Career Services can meet individually with students to discuss a variety of topics including: professional document development and critiques, mock interviews, career counseling, as well as personality assessment and interpretation.
Invite a panel of career professionals to speak to your class about occupational issues.
Create assignments or experiences to enhance your students’ professional development in their field of study:
- Research possible careers that can result from their major
- Conduct informational interviews with working professionals in the industry
- Build a cover letter and resume to help clarify career goals
- Complete a personality assessment and relate results to their future
Include upcoming career events on your syllabus.
Letters of Recommendation
Tips coming soon.
To maximize the partnership between faculty and career services, your department can help us by:
- Direct students to our services - individual appointments & website resources (hyperlink)
- Promote and encourage participation in our events
- Invite us to advertise our upcoming events at the beginning of class
- Let us know about guest speakers and employer contacts
- Falcon Jobs
- Notify us of internship opportunities