CUW’s Physician Assistant program teaches you the skills you’ll need to care for patients in mind, body and spirit.
CUW’s PA program offers you:
- Personalized teaching and small class sizes
- Emphasis on preventative medicine and primary care
- Community service opportunities
- Dedicated, experienced faculty
- Early hands-on learning
- A simulation lab and newly renovated cadaver lab
- Eligibility to sit for the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) upon graduation
The Physician Assistant program at CUW prepares students to become competent physician assistants who provide high quality health care in a respectful, culturally sensitive, caring and knowledgeable manner. CUW PA graduates are committed to caring for patients in mind, body and spirit with an emphasis on primary care and preventive medicine as well as continual lifelong learning.
Credit hours required: 115
Program Overview and Goals
The CUW Physician Assistant program is a 26-month, full-time curriculum that prepares you to provide high-quality health care in a respectful, caring manner.
The goals of this program are to:
Educate physician assistants in primary care and preventive medicine.
Prepare physician assistants to work with diverse, medically underserved populations.
Instill the importance of professionalism.
Provide an interprofessional education in order to work effectively as a health care team member.
Graduates of our PA program:
- Work as part of a health care team
- Evaluate and treat patients
- Perform minor medical and surgical procedures
- Interpret medical lab and radiologic tests
- Counsel patients about general health issues and medical conditions
- Function as a first or second assistant in the operating room
- Write medical research papers for publication
- Build relationships with patients, their families, and other health care personnel
- Understand and respect patient rights and treat confidential information with discretion
- Document patient data in compliance with all medical and legal standards
Graduates of the PA program are awarded a Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) from CUW and are eligible to sit for the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).
For information on financial aid, please visit our department page.