Safe water, healthy food, and clean air are critical to our global health. CUW’s Environmental Health and Water Quality Technology (EHWQT) program focuses on protecting the environment and human health from biological, chemical and physical hazards.
Why Study Environmental Health and Water Quality Technology at CUW?
A CUW degree in EHWQT offers you:
- Interpersonal communication and environmental management skills
- A program based near Milwaukee, a global hub for freshwater research
- An opportunity to contribute to a safe, healthy future
- A strong liberal arts foundation
- Small class sizes
The Environmental Health and Water Quality Technology major is a cooperative program between CUW and Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC). The MATC-Mequon campus is a short five-minute drive from Concordia.
What You’ll Learn in the Program
Our Environmental Health program will teach you how to:
- Identify, monitor and evaluate environmental health hazards
- Promote environmental protection, improvement and sustainability
- Apply relevant guidelines and regulations
- Perform water and wastewater analysis
- Control and handle hazardous materials
- Provide quality control in the food and dairy industries
- Environmental safety
- Pollution monitoring and abatement
- Food safety
- Water treatment
Coursework in the Environmental Health and Water Quality program includes environmental ethics, environmental law, water and waste water operations, natural resource principles, industrial hygiene, and air pollution technology.
In addition to the CUW Liberal Arts core requirements and required program courses, students must complete requirements for a CUW minor.
See our course catalog for a full list of classes.
- Environmental Science