CUW’s Public Relations degree combines people skills, strategy, and Christian ethics in an exciting program that teaches you how to create and manage a positive public image.
Fortune 500 companies like IBM, Boeing, Abbott Labs, and Kraft have hired our PR graduates to communicate with the public about everything from company goals to product launches.
Why Study Public Relations at CUW?
- Christian values for dealing conscientiously with the public
- Hands-on learning through internship opportunities
- Small class sizes that ensure personal attention
- Solid preparation for responsible leadership roles
CUW’s Public Relations program focuses on building your communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Our curriculum includes a liberal arts core, a foundation in business, and a specialization in PR.
What You’ll Learn in the PR Program
In our program you will:
- Learn to shape a message
- Organize, format, and edit press releases and PR messages
- Study ethics, strategic planning, proactive media relations, and social media
- Hone your journalistic interviewing skills
- Work with CUW’s student radio station
- Prepare professional presentations using research, strategy, and audience analysis
- Learn how to make a great speech!
- Acquire journalism basics such as reporting, writing, and editing
- Build publicity skills for business and politics
- Analyze current advertising strategies
- Public relations manager
- Corporate communications strategist
- Media relations manager
- Event planner
- Speech writer
- Non-profit or educational fundraiser
- General Business
- Hospitality and Entertainment Management
- Sport and Entertainment Management
The Public Relations program includes coursework in public speaking, graphic design, writing for the media, and journalism. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.
High School Prep Courses
- Foreign language
Dr. Brad Condie