“Concordia University upholds values for life, health, and wellness, and this has been our emphasis throughout the pandemic.”
- Gretchen Jameson, EdD, Senior VP of Strategy and University Affairs
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is one of the best ways to protect yourself and everyone around you. Concordia University will not require all employees to get the vaccine, though it is strongly encouraged.
As a registered COVID-19 vaccinator, Concordia University Wisconsin is administering the vaccine to students, faculty and staff based on their priority group, as determined by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Concordia’s expert faculty in science, medicine, and ethics recently hosted a vaccine panel to share information and answer questions regarding the safety, efficacy, and morality of the COVID-19 vaccines. Watch the discussion here:
Concordia experts panel on the COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine Concordia Experts Panel
Faculty and student vaccine webinar discussion
Annotated links and timestamps
- 00:36:29 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/vaccine-myths.html
- 00:37:08 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
- 00:38:32 https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html
- 00:39:57 https://www.janssencovid19vaccine.com/for-recipients.html
- 00:41:52 General CDC COVID info www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- 00:43:46 For CUAA students https://www.washtenaw.org/3269/COVID-19-Vaccination
- 00:55:47 Great info about mRNA vaccines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
- 00:58:20 Mayo Clinic video that describes mRNA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvR_yf_haqQ&t=15s
- 01:03:40 LCMS Blog post https://blogs.lcms.org/2021/synod-provides-facts-and-counsel-on-covid-19-vaccines/
- Actual Synod Letter https://files.lcms.org/wl/?id=Qxw4b6OFYhhqpDXmTDaD3t12CMbWuLrI
For questions about this presentation please email Dr. Pollyanna.Kabara@cuw.edu
The following resources are offered to help answer your questions. We also encourage you to consult your primary care provider to help you make health decisions that are right for you and your family.