If you are interested in receiving the vaccine (Pfizer) on campus, please visit bit.ly/VaccineAtCUW and complete the form.
For the safety of our community, Concordia strongly encourages all students and staff to get vaccinated.
Vaccines are readily available in many locations, including here on campus. Although Concordia has not mandated vaccinations like many other colleges throughout the country, we do believe that they have been proven to be safe and successful.
Concordia’s expert faculty in science, medicine, and ethics recently hosted a vaccine panel to share information and answer questions regarding the safety, efficacy, and morality of the COVID-19 vaccines. Watch the discussion here:
Concordia experts panel on the COVID-19 vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine Concordia Experts Panel
Faculty and student vaccine webinar discussion
Annotated links and timestamps
- 00:36:29 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/vaccine-myths.html
- 00:37:08 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
- 00:38:32 https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/index.html
- 00:39:57 https://www.janssencovid19vaccine.com/for-recipients.html
- 00:41:52 General CDC COVID info www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- 00:43:46 For CUAA students https://www.washtenaw.org/3269/COVID-19-Vaccination
- 00:55:47 Great info about mRNA vaccines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html
- 00:58:20 Mayo Clinic video that describes mRNA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvR_yf_haqQ&t=15s
- 01:03:40 LCMS Blog post https://blogs.lcms.org/2021/synod-provides-facts-and-counsel-on-covid-19-vaccines/
- Actual Synod Letter https://files.lcms.org/wl/?id=Qxw4b6OFYhhqpDXmTDaD3t12CMbWuLrI
For questions about this presentation please email Dr. Pollyanna.Kabara@cuw.edu
The following resources are offered to help answer your questions. We also encourage you to consult your primary care provider to help you make health decisions that are right for you and your family.