In general, LA 105 is structured to achieve general goals related to retention, a sense of belonging and purpose, academic achievement, engagement, and personal development.
Specifically, LA 105 aims to produce the following learning outcomes, so that students should be able to:
- articulate CUW’s history and mission;
- demonstrate a sense of belonging and connection to the University;
- apply course-provided strategies for adjusting to college life outside the classroom;
- take ownership of their education and engage in the classroom;
- apply course-provided academic skills to their specific courses;
- use student support services to enhance their opportunity for success;
- articulate key CUW academic policies and procedures associated with degree progress and academic honesty;
- apply course-provided strategies for effective time management;
- articulate the meaning and value of vocation in the context of their career exploration; and
- understand their value as citizens and servant leaders in today’s world.