Questions they might ask:
- How do I identify my employable skills?
- Is interview preparation really necessary?
- What exactly is the job search process?
- What am I going to do after graduation?
It's time to make final decisions about career options. Students should stay in touch with the Career Services Center for both information about job openings and assistance with personal presentation skills.
Recommendations for Family Members:
- Insist that they develop a job search plan complete with strategies that will work for them.
- Assist them in purchasing a professional suit complete with shoes that will be used when attending career fairs, interviews, and graduate/professional schools.
- Help them practice interviewing skills by asking possible questions.
- Encourage them to use the Career services resource library and web site to research companies and regularly check job vacancies.
- Help them develop a network of contacts consisting of family and friends.