CUW’s Biomedical Science program teaches you about the biological issues related to health and medicine. You’ll gain the intellectual, scientific, and ethical tools you need to help people lead healthier lives.
Why Study Biomedical Science at CUW?
Our program prepares you for:
- Graduate studies in medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy
- Concordia’s Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs
- Internship opportunities in the lab or the field
- Careers in the growing field of biotechnology and drug development
Have Degree In
What You’ll Learn in the Biomedical Science Program
In our program you’ll study:
- Bioethical dilemmas in contemporary society
- How the immune systems protect against and cause disease
- Pathophysiology and the changes that occur in the body following disease or injury
- Pharmacology and the use of drugs and natural products to treat disease
A degree in Biomedical Science provides options in many fields including:
Most of our students attend graduate school or seek professional degrees in the medical field including:
- Physical Therapy
- Pharmaceutical/Chemical Product Development
- Medical School
- Dental School
- Physician Assistant
- Veterinary School
The Biomedical Sciences curriculum includes coursework in chemistry, biochemistry, physics and biology. Program electives include anatomy and physiology, molecular genetics, and environmental chemistry and toxicology.
See our course catalog for our full curriculum.