Accelerated Admission Option for Qualified Students
The accelerated admission option will allow students to complete the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree in 6 rather than 7 years. The option will be open to students who matriculate as freshman at the Concordia University Mequon campus and who take all their science prerequisite course work on the Mequon campus.
If you decide to pursue admission through the accelerated process you will receive a Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Science (BSRS) following completion of your fourth year of academic study at Concordia University.
Admission into the DPT Track of the BSRS
- High School Graduate with a high school overall GPA of 3.45
- Evidence of Service/Extracurricular Activity/Athletics.
For Accelerated Admission into DPT program at Concordia Wisconsin students must:
- Major in Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Science (BSRS)/DPT track at Concordia University Mequon
- Maintain a 3.45 in Science prerequisite courses & 3.0 overall GPA in the BSRS curriculum
- If Science GPA or overall GPA falls below 3.45/3.0 student will be required to (with help of advisor) select another undergraduate degree
- Must achieve at least a 3.0 in all Science prerequisite coursework
- Demonstrate proficiency in science courses in the first attempt at taking the course. Science prerequisite GPA will be calculated using the first earned grade in the course. If a student re-takes a course and he/she desires the second grade counted to their GPA (science or overall), they are no longer eligible for accelerated admission and will need to apply through the regular 4 year DPT degree application process (process open to graduates of non-Concordia Wisconsin degree programs). In addition, students who withdraw from a course late in the semester are not eligible for accelerated admission.
- Have all Science prerequisite courses completed by end of spring semester sophomore year and apply for early decision via Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) during summer between sophomore and junior year.
- Have all their science prerequisite course work completed at Concordia University Mequon
- Complete 40 hours of observation of a diversity of PT services
- Complete an admission interview during early decision day. This will occur during Fall Semester of their Junior Year