From business conferences to luxury resorts to rock concerts, hospitality and event professionals are the brains and organizational power behind the scenes, making sure everything runs smoothly. CUW’s Hospitality and Event Management program prepares you for success in this exciting and growing industry.
Why Study HEM at CUW?
At CUW we offer you:
- A liberal arts core built on Christian values
- An internship to give you hands-on experience
- Small class sizes to ensure you receive individual attention
- A solid business foundation to make you a well-rounded leader
- Close proximity to Milwaukee restaurants, hotels and conference centers
Concordia University’s Hospitality and Event Management (HEM) program is built on a three-part curriculum that includes a liberal arts core, a foundation in general business, and a specialization in HEM.
What You’ll Learn in our HEM Program
Our program will teach you how to:
- Plan and manage trade shows, exhibitions, conventions and conferences
- Manage concessions, catering, and vendor operations
- Build and maintain good vendor relationships
- Use social media for public relations and marketing efforts
- Manage budgets, profit margins, and return on investment
- Develop marketing strategies for fund raising, advertising, promotions, sponsorships, licensing, and brand activation
- Learn how to network, build contacts, and interview for jobs
- Build the skills you need to be a Christian leader
- Resort/hotel manager
- Convention and visitor’s bureau director
- Conference and trade show manager
- Festival and event organizer
- Catering coordinator
- Restaurant manager
- Tourism specialist
Hospitality and Event Management majors complete CUW’s core liberal arts curriculum, general business coursework, and a variety of HEM-specific classes in special event and concession management, public relations, sponsorship and fundraising strategies, and contemporary leadership.
See our course catalog for the full curriculum.
For additional information on our hospitality and event management program, please contact our admissions office.
Sport and Entertainment Business Program Director