The Council on Social work Education (CSWE) requires all graduates to have field experience as a part of their Social Work education. The field experience is the signature pedagogy of Social Work education and an integral part of the process of becoming a professional Social Worker.
As a CUW student intern, students will
- Complete a minimum of 432 hours of field work during their senior year
- Work in an agency setting that aligns with their career goals
- Work under the supervision of a trained professional in the field
- Participate in weekly mentoring seminars with experienced Social Work faculty
Benefits of Field Work
- Applies learning in the classroom to real life application
- Develop, test and demonstrate their abilities in a supervised educational setting
- Prepares students for generalist, social work practice within the context of faith, service to others and social justice
For more information, review the Field Manual on the Resources page.
Possible Internship Locations
Click here for a list of potential locations to complete your fieldwork experience.