Students who wish to pursue a Early Childhood Special Education licensure (#1809) through the Wisconsin Department of Public instruction must complete the following:
- Practicum: Students will complete a supervised Practicum prior to student teaching
- Reading Exam: DPI requires all Special Education students to take and pass the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Exam. Information about the exam and registration information can be found here: http://www.wi.nesinc.com.
- Praxis test: Students must successfully pass the Praxis II exam.
- Transcript review: Students should submit transcripts to Program Director for review and specific curriculum requirements
- Praxis test: Students must successfully pass the Praxis II exam: Elem Ed: Content Knowledge #5014 or #0014
*Students who desire licensure in another state must contact their state Department of Public Instruction.
The Special Education curriculum includes classes in educational research methods, procedural safeguards, development of children with disabilities, and the technologies available to assist students. See our course catalog for our full curriculum.