The average work week has exceeded 40 hours and with that there has been an increase in the demand for stress relieving activities. The sport and entertainment industries have grown to meet this demand and there is a need for employees to provide all levels of staff and management for this industry. The sport and entertainment program will prepare students to enter the work force with an industry specific knowledge base.
The Sport and Entertainment Business Major equips students with the knowledge and skills to pursue careers in athletic and entertainment management, facilities development and a variety of sports related business occupations. This major/minor is housed within the Business school, and draws heavily upon the business core curriculum to provide a solid academic foundation combined with internship opportunities to help best position students in fields and areas of interest. Graduates often pursue careers as athletic directors, athletic administrators, college bowl chairperson, entertainment administrators, or athlete/entertainer representatives, and many of our students have gone on to work for professional sports teams, Division 1 athletics programs, and much more.
- Experienced professionals in the classroom
- 240 hours of field experience
- Comprehensive curriculum, from facility design and social aspects to legal issues and finances
- 21 NCAA Division III Sports and many additional recreational sports on campus
- Internship opportunities with organizations including the NBA, NFL, MLB, MIS, Harley Davidson, and more!
- Front office position with professional sports team.
- Athletics department with University
- Marketing and PR for sports team
- Municipal Parks and Recreation departments
Steven R. Schauer ‘08
Completed a season-long internship in the public relations department with the Super Bowl XLV Champion Green Bay Packers. Steven currently works with the CUW Athletics department.
For additional information on our Sport and Entertainment Business program, please contact our admissions office.
Sport and Entertainment Business Program Director
Sport and Entertainment Business Campus Coordinator