Reading and understanding the languages of the Bible creates a deeper connection to God’s Word. A Theological Languages major from CUW gives pre-seminary students the language skills and context they need to read the Bible and major theological works.
Why Study Theological Languages at CUW?
- Learn from professors with specialized training in biblical languages
- Prepare for seminary competency exams
- Combine broad, Christ-centered liberal arts classes with specialized language courses
- Study Hebrew, Greek, and either Latin or German to prepare for theological study at a graduate level
- Years to complete: 4
What You’ll Learn in the Theological Languages Program
Our program will:
- Immerse you in the language, literature, culture and thought of the New and Old Testament worlds
- Teach you Greek and Hebrew vocabulary, morphology and rules of syntax
- Train you to translate Greek and Hebrew texts
Career Choices in Theological Languages
This degree program prepares you for a career as a:
- Assistant Pastor
- Christian Writer
- Graduate Studies
- Pre-Seminary Studies (Pre-seminary students must include at least a minor in Theological Languages; a major is encouraged).
High School Prep Courses
- Other languages to increase linguistic skills
- Study abroad in Germany
- Other study abroad programs available through the Executive Director of International Education
Our curriculum focuses on developing a strong liberal arts foundation with language instruction in German or Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.
Click here to see our brochure.
Rev. Dr. Ronald Mudge
Associate Professor of Theology, Pre-Seminary Director
Rev. Dr. Jason Soenksen
Associate Professor of Theology
Dr. Doreen Krueger
Professor of German and ESL
Dr. Susan Mobley
Professor of History
Dr. Thomas Wilmeth
Professor of English