The Writing Center is always looking for students to join our team of writing consultants.
Future consultants need the following qualifications.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A grade of A- or better in English 104 or English 245
- Successful completion of English 251: Practicum in Writing Consultation
How to Become a Writing Consultant
Every future writing consultant begins by taking English 251: Practicum in Writing Consultation.
English 251 is offered every fall semester and covers:
- Writing center methods
- Basic and advanced writing theories
- Essays by influential writing center theorists including Stephen North, Andrea Lunsford, and Lisa Ede
- Tutoring theories
- Application of tutoring theories through in-class discussions and presentations
For more information, contact Celeste Delbar at 262-243-4216