Good morning everyone,
Well the world certainly has changed a bit from the last time I sent out an email regarding quarterly performance evaluations to you all. We recognize that information regarding COVID 19 and government regulations/rules have been changing so quickly that by the time a decision is made then new information comes out and the need to change occurs again. We are grateful to each of you for your patience and understanding during this time as we all navigate new waters.
This morning I want to give a little guidance and answer a few common questions I am sure many of you will have/had to me already:
- If you have STAFF (not faculty) working from home please use the Temporary Remote Work Agreement that was given as a link in the 4:15pm email from the President’s office on March 17, 2020 regarding remote work. The links will also be found on the Employee tab of the portal.
- Please return completed forms to Human Resources either via paper or electronic means.
- We are working in conjunction with IT and will process computer/IT needs once these agreements are into the HR office. IT will not process any requests without this form into HR as we need to ensure we are doing these requests orderly and with all approvals.
- If you feel you have an employee that cannot work remote please contact me and we can discuss further options. Some common answers to this question thus far: They are able to use sick or vacation time and, yes, they may also qualify for unemployment.
- Student Employees will not be allowed to work at this time. The need to limit individuals on campus requires we ensure our full and consistent part-time employees that normally work on our sites are assisted and have remote work capabilities.
- Please contact me with any questions you may have regarding employees.
Furthermore, IT will be sending out an email with more information by tomorrow, March 19, 2020. This email will include information such as how to forward phones, how to gain certain access, who to contact if there are questions, etc. Please await this email for further directions.
Again, I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times. I also want to thank you for your service… for your love and compassion you are showing to each other. Many of you have already sent emails telling us that you are praying for us and we appreciate that more than you could know. Please continue to pray for our nation, each other, and Concordia.
Director of Human Resources