The school counseling program trach is an approved program by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for endorsement of a #7054 School Counseling license.
Licensure for school counseling graduates includes:
- Completion of 45 credits and earn the Master’s degree (non-licensed teachers must complete 48 credits)
- Completion of 600 hour practicum (Elementary, Middle, and High School)
- Completing portfolio I, II, and III
- Passing the Praxis II exam
- Applying for license #7054 through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Licensure is State Specific: Students seeking licensure in another state are responsible for checking with that state for licensing requirements, transfer processes or reciprocity agreements.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as education, psychology, sociology, social work, criminal justice, nursing or ministry