Concordia University Wisconsin is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and the world.
The School of Nursing is dedicated to providing a rigorous Christ-centered education that develops and inspires highly skilled professionals who are prepared to serve by promoting health and healing with excellence, integrity and compassion.
The Concordia University Wisconsin School of Nursing aligning with CUW mission is committed to helping students develop in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world, inspiring students to go forth into the world to fulfill their nursing vocation in faith filled service through professional excellence, integrity, caring, compassion, and mindful presence.
- Flexible part-time and full-time options are often available for most programs. Some programs and courses are offered online.
- Faculty members bring current clinical practice to the classroom.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in global experiences that enhance cultural competency and provide services to others.
- Opportunities for Nursing Students to engage in Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaboration with other health professions.
The outcomes are the same for all programs. We integrate faith in learning course offerings.
- Apply liberal education and scientific background information into practice
- Apply organizational and leadership principles in practice to improve quality and patient safety
- Translate scholarship into practice
- Utilize informatics and health care technologies to improve patient care
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare policy and advocate for quality health care for all citizens
- Communicate and collaborate in an interprofessional health care environment to improve patient and population health outcomes.
- Utilize knowledge of clinical prevention and population health at the individual and group/aggregate/population level.
- Advance professionalism and professional values
- Perform at the highest level nursing practice reflective of the educational preparation