If you suspect you have a learning disability and need to be assessed, there are a few things you should do:

  1. If you have insurance, check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for learning disability assessments (sometimes called psycho-educational or neuro-psychological evaluations). If assessments are covered, inquire about the process for finding a provider in your area.
  2. Ask your doctor to refer you to a licensed health professional, such as a psychologist, who has the expertise to perform learning disability assessments. Oftentimes, a referral from your doctor increases the likelihood that your insurance company will cover at least part of the cost for the assessment.

Local resources:

Eichenhofer Psychological Services, LLC - Website
1035 Glen Oaks Lane
Suite #204
Mequon, WI 53092
Phone: (252) 241-1515

Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin - Website
Child Development Center
13800 W North Ave Ste 120
Brookfield, WI 53005
Phone: (414) 607-5280

The Neuropsychology Clinic - Website
Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 805-5235

Marquette University - Website
Center for Psychological Service
Cramer Hall, 307
Milwaukee WI 53233
Phone: (414) 288-3487

Lighthouse Clinic - Website
Psychological Testing Center
2524 E. Webster Place, Suite 203
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Phone: (414) 964-9200